A while back on Unterekless, a popular feature (or maybe just frequently praised by Eric) was Japanarama Mondays. Normally it featured weird vending machines, adults in diapers, or photos of Meat Trucks taken by (then) Unmarried Brother. Which brings me to another update: Unmarried Brother will now be Tokyo Brother and, I suppose, Married Brother will now be El Paso Brother.
I digress, the point is, these photos capture a beauty and exoticism in Japan and I’m obsessed. Watch the entire slideshow here, but know that this one touched me particularly as I remember wandering these alleys while in Japan for Tokyo Brother’s wedding and being completely captivated. It always got me excited for dinner… even though nine times out of ten we were headed for food I didn’t want to eat… but the tenth time, Tokyo Brother found me Yakitori. Mmmmm various fried chicken parts — from wing to heart…
Stumbled across recently:
- Work Twinsies has blown up and gone global. Do you have colleagues who dress alike and are worthy of mocking? Check it out and submit.
- Annnnnnnd this is why my subscription to the New Yorker lasted a short six months.
- Kind of obsessed with this advertising gender mixer — allows you to mash-up the audio and video from children’s toy commercials for boys and girls to see stereotyping at work.
- A great new Noonan column on the President’s latest moments of deviousness and dishonesty.
An American president has to make cooperation happen.
But we’ve strayed from the point. Mr. Obama has a largely nonexistent relationship with many, and a worsening relationship with some.
Really, he cannot win the coming election. But the Republicans, still, can lose it. At this point in the column we usually sigh.
- My brother was featured on the El Paso news! Never has “Untereker” appeared more times in one article.
- A great recap of fat pets highlighted on Best Week Ever.